Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wahoo!! I'm actually posting again!!

So, remember how I said that I was creating my blog for my own selfish purposes?? Well it is totally true. Case in point...I get on my blog everyday, but only to see if anyone else has posted something for my blog-stalking pleasure. I forget that the purpose of me having a blog is so that others can blog-stalk me. So, fellow stalkers, what is it you seek?? Would you like to know what I have been doing with my life?? Well, Saturday was our third wedding anniversary. What did we do, you ask?? We "fixed" the yard, hopefully. Apparentley we housed bugs in our yard last year that decided to feed on the roots of our grass all summer long. We tried to pull out some of the dead grass and it just kept coming, along with the dirt to which it was connected (I use the word "connected" very loosely). So, after tearing up more than half of our lawn, we put down some top soil and patch, then just seed and fertilizer in other areas. We'll see if the "fixing" works or not. We've been talking to our brother-in-law to figure out how to make our house look better. Since we've lost so much value in our home over the past two years, we're trying to love the one we have since we'll be stuck here for awhile. So we're going to plant flowers and a new tree (since our other one died and we're required by the HOA to have three...whatever) and maybe make a water feature or something. We shall see.

Okay, new topic. For those of you who have not heard this story yet, the night of Thanksgiving last year (three days after Bentley was born) someone tried to get into our house...through our bedroom window. I had just finished feeding Bentley, who was sleeping in the bassinet by our bed at around 3am when I heard something right outside our window. I sat up and turned the light on, we heard a small crash and within seconds the normally quite neighbor's dog began barking. Spence grabbed his pistol and went searching the house but found nothing. The next morning I looked out the window and found that our screen was on the patio and our window was open about two inches. Pretty freaky, huh? Well, several weeks ago I was heading out of the house and found the screen to our living room window on the grass. Normally you would think that's not a big deal, but those screens are difficult to get out and the wind could not have done it, so we figured someone had tried to get into our house again. Needless to say, Bentley is five months old and still sleeping in the bassinet by my bed. He woke up this morning and I went to pick him up and found his head turned almost completely sideways with his face pressed up against the head of the bed. Poor thing is just too big for that bed anymore. So, Spencer and I got boards to put in all of our windows and Bentley will now begin sleeping in his own room. We'll see how that goes. Now that he's past his growth spurt and back to sleeping through the night we should be okay.

Oh, and our last topic. Bentley and I had some pictures taken a couple of weeks ago and I found out on Sunday that they are ready. So when I go get them I will post some (fingers crossed). Anyway, this is the end of my second blog posting. More to come?? We shall see. For now, another picture!


Happy Day!!!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I am looking for pics and good stories. Something to break up my day and enjoy. Just FYI
Good luck with your yard!

Kadie Kinney said...

Dude I can't believe someone tried to break in. Creepy Boisians. Happy three years! I knew it was cuz ours is today! I will forever remember your b-day and your anniversary. Love the posting, keep it up!

Marissa said...

Ryan can get you a security system for cheap. We had ours put in after a similar incident. Talk to him and see what he can do for you.

Saw some of your pictures on Shandy's website. They look great!!!

Julie Graham said...

Erica i love that you are blogging! I love that picture of Bentley. I didn't know about the second screen incident! Yikes I don't like that at all! Also I hope your lawn comes in great and is fixed and playable this fall. Lawns are a lot of work, time and money! (unfortunately)

Dustin and Lyndsey Wright said...

Glad you guys are on here! That boy is just too cute :)