Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Memorial Day

So, Memorial Day is coming up this weekend so we are heading out to the cabin with some friends of ours. The reason I'm posting about this now is because I'm afraid that if I don't do it now while I'm thinking about it, then it just won't happen at all. And the reason that this is even post-worthy before it happens is because of what takes place during this weekend. BENTLEY TURNS SIX MONTHS!!!!! I cannot believe that my little baby will be finishing the first half of his first year of life. My goodness!!

Bentley's life of an almost-six-month-old consists of sleeping 8-10 hours per night, although (unfortunately for mom and dad) the last few hours of that seem to end up in Mom and Dad's bed. That's mostly my fault, however, since he wakes up before I want to and I know he'll go back to sleep if I just snuggle him with me. Oh well, I really don't care too much. He also enjoys his nightly dinner of rice cereal. That little boy is such a champ with food. He loves it and I know he cannot wait until the doctor gives the okay for him to enjoy other foods. He is always trying to grab for my spoon, or my plate, or my glass...basically whatever he can get his hands on. He is rolling over from back to belly all the time, usually when I'm trying to change his diaper, however. He finally starting pushing up when he's on his tummy about a week ago and has rolled over a couple of times from belly to back. We're still working on that one, though. We also discovered that Bentley is awesome on road trips. Last weekend we went with Uncle Rod, Uncle Drew and Aunt Karen to see Dave Ramsey in SLC. We left at 6am, traveled until about noon, sat in an arena full of people from 1-6 and travled back home until about 1am. Bentley did such a good job. He didn't really start complaining until we were almost there and he had been in his carseat for 6 hours. Then, while there, he only freaked out twice from the noise and then slept through parts of it. Such a great kid. Then, after a cold bottle since he was so impatient, he slept the entire way home. Overall, it was a great Saturday. Spence and I thoroughly enjoyed Dave and are so excited to stop being poor.

Bentley talks all the time, but generally with his fingers in his mouth. And he loves to sing. He sings himself to sleep sometimes. It's the cutest thing ever. He smiles at everyone, loves being tickled and gives the cutest, slobberiest kisses in the world. I live for them. His favorite place to be is snuggling in someone else's arms. He holds onto anything he can get his hands on when he's really tired. He spits ALL THE TIME!!! The doctor said he just eats too much. Go figure. He loves to play in his walker (and generally will only poop if he's in there, weird). He loves hanging out in just his diaper, although he rarely gets to do that. He loves to go for walks, but only if he can sit up and look around at everything. His favorite toys consist of a water bottle, a diaper (clean one), his wipe box, and paper. He'll chew on anything, especially Mom's hair. Oh, and he scratches at his legs when he's tired. He also is obsessed with watching TV.

Oh, and our latest development in the life of an almost-six-month-old....Bentley seems to have begun teething. He's not really super grumpy, but his face is constantly covered in either snot or drool. He's finally taking after his mother (My nickname as a kid, given by my mother, was "snot face"...go figure.). We can't really feel any teeth poking, through, and we'll find out for sure after our trip to the doctor next week, but this is what we're figuring. Yipee!! I say this now as Bentley is sitting on my lap, chewing on the table the computer is on. Silly goof.

Oh, and keep an eye out for the next post. In my adventures in facebook stalking I found a cake I really wanted to make but couldn't figure out what to make it for. I decided I'm going to make it this weekend at the cabin for Bentley's half-birthday. Of course, he won't be enjoying any of it until a few hours later via mom's milk, but I'm excited for it.

As always, we'll end with a picture!!!




Bentley was about a month old or so in this picutre. I love it. He has always made some of the funniest faces due to his overly active brow line. Too funny!!!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

How fun! Congrats on 6 months. Time goes by so quickly once you have kids. Have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

Colby does the last few hours of his sleeping in our bed too for the same reason. It's going to suck if I ever have to go back to work in the morning!!!

He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I can't believe Bentley is almost 6 months. That is super exciting! I do have to say that I am a little sad that you were so close to me and I didn't even know it. Hopefully next time I'll get to see you.

Mama Jane said...

Hi Rica & Spence!
Fun to read your latest post!! I miss being able to see you guys so often. I have been really busy over here in Rexburg! Julie's fam is so cute!
I miss Bentley, give him a hug from his Nana!! OK? :o)) See ya next week!
Love MJ